THE QCRI 2016 SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Each year, Qatar Computing Research Institute organizes a summer internship program for undergraduate students studying computer science, computer engineering, and other disciplines.
The Summer Internship program is an 8-week program, and will run from May 08, 2016 to June 30, 2016.
QCRI 2016 Summer Internship Info Session, March 9, 2016 in Carnegie Mellon University - Room 1213 from 12:00-1:00PM.
Applications are accepted between March 13-20, 2016.
Application for our summer internship program opens on Sunday March 13, 2016, and closes on Saturday March 20, 2016.
Read the research projects listed for each of our six research groups and select the two research groups that interest you the most. The following is a list of our research groups:
1. Arabic Language Technologies
2. Computational Science and Engineering
3. Cyber Security
4. Data Analytics
5. Distributed Systems
6. Social Computing
In addition to the above research groups, we offer an internship opportunity in Information Technology Operations.
Fill out the application form.
Upload your resume here. Make sure to select “Summer Internship Position”
SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROJECTS:
More details on the projects listed below can be found here.
Arabic Language Technologies:
Jalees Immersive Game
Unjid- Mobile Translation for the Refugee Crisis
Where is the User From?
Catching Twitter Gangs
Computational Science and Engineering:
- Build a Mobile App for Medical Translation for Migrant Workers in Qatar
- Arabic Community Question Answering
- Reliability of Information on Qatar Living
- @HadeethVerifier: Real-time Islamic Hadeeth Verification using Twitter
- Rumor Has It – ThAT might be real!
- Enhancing Name Search on Social Media
- Design and development of an interactive visual exploration tool for GWAS data
- Cell Line Screens and big data algorithms Identify filter Biomarkers of Drug Sensitivity
- An Hadamard-based Model to Identify Shared Copy Number Aberrations for Array CGH Data
- Identification of a novel miRNA-target gene regulatory network in osteosarcoma by integrating transcriptome analysis
- Speedup of the electron avalanche simulation in charged particle detectors
- Supervised and Semi-supervised Kernel Principal Component Analysis for Visualization of High Dimensional datasets
- Integrative bioinformatics for analyzing large scale genomic datasets
- Cluster analysis of Middle East Y-chromosomal STR haplotypes using the discrete Laplace method
- Drug screen sensitivity and Big data approaches
- Content Development – Cyber Security Website
- Data Visualization using Elastic Search, D3 & Kibana
- Network Monitoring by Graph Stream Summarization
- Rheem -- A Cross-Platform Big Data Processing System: http://da.qcri.org/Rheem/
- Adding Social Network Features in Rayyan
- Extending the Rayyan App
- Commercialization Feasibility for Rayyan
- Building a Spatial Data Processing App on top of Rheem
- Machine learning and user interactions for data profiling
- Interactive Data Curation Dashboard
- Crosscloud Mobile Application
- Design and Implement Web Applications
- Automatic Disaster Events Discovery and Data Collection
- Extracting the Relevant Context Around an Image from Social Media, and Its Application to UNESCO’s Needs
- Arabic Tweets Tagging Using Machine Translation
- Analysis of Instagram Food Images in Qatar
- Analysis of Data from the 360-QS trial with Qatar University
- A “Question of the Day” Mobile App for Data Collection
- Qatar National Sports Day on Social Media
- Doha Traffic Monitoring
- Modeling Land Use in Qatar
- Arabic mHealth Observatory
For more information, contact Dr Eman Fituri at email@example.com.
- Information Technology (IT) Operations in an Agile and Highly Demanding Research Computing Environment